Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

copy protection 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon

Programmer
Aug 18, 1999
US
What are the best methods to protect your application from being copied and sold while cutting you out of the loop? Is there another forum that might be a better place to discuss this issue?

Mike

I mean, you could write some routines to check for installed files, check registry keys, open a data file that has the hdd serial number, etc.., but, I think the ultimate protection is to purchase a 2nd party lib or dll, for example, PPP (Protection Plus Professional), it is very very excellent, I have used it for 6 years (clipper days), and I just upgraded to the FoxPro (visual version)... It is worth the investement ($495+), but, if you're app is more than $500 a copy, then, it is worthwile....

Well, this is my 2 cents, I hope you have a better idea now! Good luck!!! Please let me know if this helped you :)

Tekno
Wireless Toyz
Ypsilanti, Michigan

I forgot to give you the link:

They also have other protection softwares for vfp. check them out... (and no, I am not affiliated with them :) ) Please let me know if this helped you :)

Tekno
Wireless Toyz
Ypsilanti, Michigan

For ways to protect your app from being used/copied other than (or in addition to) using 3rd paty encryption, I suggested refering to this thread:

thread184-275655

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back