Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copy private view to other users

Status
Not open for further replies.

awarberg

Programmer
Jan 31, 2007
DK
Hello

I am writing a private view for a database. The ACL does not allow me to store the PV so it is stored in my desktop.dsk file (afaik).

Is there any way I can copy private views to other users or use the view in a roaming profile?

Best regards
ANdreas

Since R6, you can specify that the private view be stored on the server - at creation. So roaming should not be an issue.

However, the functionality of a private view precludes any form of sharing. If you create a private view, only when you log in with your ID can you see it.

If you wish to create a public view and restrict its access, that is perfectly feasible using the View Properties and the access tab. You'll probably have to put in specific names, but a role would be easier to manage.

Pascal.

I've got nothing to hide, and I'd very much like to keep that away from prying eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back