Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copy previous record's data to new record on form

Status
Not open for further replies.

chdavisjr

Programmer
Jan 24, 2002
US
Okay, I know this has been answered, but the Search feature is disabled while the web is updated!

A co-worker has a table with fields:
Date, Pond, SampleName, Sex, Weight
At our Fish Research Center

He will be entering multiple data (weight & sex) for each pond and samplename.

He wants all the data in the previous record to be carried over to the next - like Excel does when you enter data (Auto-fill) - even sex and weight since the samples of fish will sometimes have several that are the same size & sex.

I tried to create a Drop-down, but he says this is too much "clicking" - so forget that route.

Please do not respond with he needs two tables with 1 to many relationship - he insists on doing it this way!!!!!! even over my "protests"!!!

Anyone have "clients" this stubborn besides me??!! LOL

Thanks in advance,
Chalmers

In the AfterUpdate event procedure set the .DefaultValue property of each control equal to the actual .Value property.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Thank you, PHV. Especially for your fast response!

I didn't get much sleep last night, and cannot remember how to do what you suggested.

Can you assume that I am a newbie (well, I am allmost one!)

And outline the steps a little more detailed? I am sure that other members that view this would appreciate it as well. [wink]

Chalmers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back