Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copy of Indesign document increase size

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeforum

Technical User
Nov 11, 2005
AR
Hi!! First, sorry for my poor english, it isn't my native language.
Recently i maked a magazine with Indesign. The size of the .indd file was 22 MB. Now for the next number publication, I have done a copy of the file and have renamed it. I have extracted the whole text and the linked images and have left only the advertisement because it repeated. My surprise is that the file is now 24 MB!!
I have tried to erase everything, included the advertisement and the file was 10 MB.
This wants to say that whenever it does a new magazine, the file is going to be increasing in every copy? I would like that the size of the following magazine was also similar to 22 MB.
Any idea?
Thanks in advance.

Rather than just closing and saving your copied document, use the "Save as" command to save it.

If that doesn't reduce the file size, then Export the new document as an Interchange (.inx) file. Then open the Interchange file and save it as an Indesign (.indd) document.

Yes, kjjohanson !! To "save as" it worked for me.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back