Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copy Object from Report to PowerPoint

Status
Not open for further replies.

pervinpj

Programmer
Jul 10, 2003
US
One last question concerning Access Report to PowerPoint Conversion:
I'm attempting to copy arbitrary objects from Access Reports to PowerPoints. I have no idea how to accomplish this.

So far, I've tried:

Object.SaveAs (filename) ' Unsure of syntax... but it's correct in my procedure
followed by
ActivePresentation.Slides(PageNum).Shapes.AddOLEObject(...,filename,...)
This seems to work for those objects that have a SaveAs Method, but won't for those that don't.

I was thinking about actually copying the memory locations using the lpOLEObject property, but how do I know the size of the object. Or if I copy byte by byte to a file, how do I know when it ends.

One more question: where is the picture data stored when using the Shapes.AddPicture Method.

Any help would be very much appreciated, and my annoying project will finally be over. Everything else works just fine.

I do apologize for continually getting in over my head, but I didn't pick my assignment or my job (military). I just happened to be the only guy who knew anything about programming. That and my command is obsessed with PowerPoint and Access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back