Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copy IE Cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

uniopp

Technical User
Oct 7, 2001
JP
Is it possible to copy my IE 6 cache files from one PC to another? Is it just a matter of copying the files in my \Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files folder and they will work from the new location on my other PC?
In addition, if I download a whole website (using a website clone/copy/ripper type application) and copy the files to my cache folder will they also work?
Does IE always check the cache folder first and only download what data is not found even if the browser has never been to that location before?
Lastly, There are 4 options for checking for newer versions of pages in the IE settings - the first, second and fourth are self explanatory but I not sure of the third one - Automatically. What exactly does that do or should I say when does it do that?
Thank you.

Any Help would be much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back