Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copy from DB (multiple fields from recordset) - paste to Website (multiple fields on an online form)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnayJ

Programmer
Feb 27, 2008
US
I'm making a DB to help me with an online business. I want to copy fields from a recordset and be able to paste them into a website to fill in a form. I know I could just alt-tab and copy/paste field by field.

I'm an Ebay reseller and I'm creating a DB to organize my inventory at home. So I enter in information about each product I sell into my DB. I don't want to have to re-enter the same info into the Ebay Sales page when making my listing. I'd like to be able to click a button in my DB to save certain fields from a recordset. And then switch to Ebay Listing page and put the cursor in the first field. Hit Ctrl-V and it paste the first field (auto-tab) paste 2nd field (auto-tab) paste 3rd field (auto-tab), etc, etc, etc.

Is it even possible?

My work around is to create a pop-up form (always on top) with each Field Title... and I just click the field title and it will copy the data to my clipboard, then I'll have to put the cursor in the right field on the form and Ctrl-V, and repeat per field.

Thoughts???

One way to do this (not very 'elegant') would be to use SendKeys Method

Have fun.

---- Andy

There is a great need for a sarcasm font.

I've thought about Sendkeys... saw it in a post... but it didn't explain how to "Sendkeys" to the web browser shell. How would I identify the the browser with the ebay listing page. Can I alt-tab to the Listing Page, then alt-tab back to the Access, then click the button and it "Sendkeys" Alt-Tab, types first field data, Tab, types 2nd field data, Tab, etc, etc????

Ok, so I tried SendKeys because of not having any other options.... and it's not working either. Going to have to try my work around. Please someone let me know if anyone has any other ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back