Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copy files using FTP

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmayoral

IS-IT--Management
Mar 20, 2003
ES
Hello,

I would like to make a full backup of my MD110 BC11, I can access using FTP, but the directory structure is empty,
drwxrwxrwx 0 0 144 Jan 01 1989 DEV
drwxrwxrwx 0 0 0 Jan 01 1989 SYS
drwxrwxrwx 0 0 0 Jan 01 1989 etc
drwxrwxrwx 0 0 0 Jan 01 1989 USR1
drwxrwxrwx 0 0 0 Jan 01 1989 USR2
drwxrwxrwx 0 0 0 Jan 01 1989 USR3
drwxrwxrwx 0 0 0 Jan 01 1989 USR4
drwxrwxrwx 0 0 0 Jan 01 1989 USR5
drwxrwxrwx 0 0 0 Jan 01 1989 USR6

but you can see the files using FIDAP command for example.

I need to do something special??

Best regards

Javier

you must FTP to the NIU which your hard disk is connected to.

Thanks for the reply Kank,

But I only have one NIU, so I don't understood, that you say ftp to the niu which your hard disk is connected to.

In this case how I can connect the niu to the hard disk, because I can read the hard disk contents.

Best

Javier

I'm using BC8.
Recently we made a back up using a completely different NIU and HD).
The steps listed below have been simplified.

Perform 2 complete dumps and once done, blocked & unmounted the HD. (must BE CAREFUL in the spelling of your directories or you will screw up your drive). powered off & kept in slot.
LOG OUT completely
Placed the new NIU & HD in cabinet and transered the cables and terminator plug. Powered on and mounted the drive and "scratched"/formated the new drive (must keep spelling and disk size EXACTLY to how the original drive was).

Then performed two complete data dumps (DUSYI) and performed the steps above to dismount and remove unit.
Logout.

Powered up the original unit, mounted (do not format) and unblocked.

You will see a divergent in the time and date for the next two dumps (the system will remember the dumps on the backup unit.
This way if you NIU goes south, you can replace with a known working unit-you will just loose any changes made since the dump on the backup unit.

Hope this info helps and gets you on the right track

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back