Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copy file to user desktops from network share

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keithc71

MIS
Dec 3, 2006
US
I need a vbs script that I can deploy using group policy that will copy file to users desktop and each subsequent logon overwite the file or check if exists and halt

Is this one file, alike for all users? Possibly use a central, trusted site and copy the file from there.

Hope This Helps,

Good Luck!

(Enamoration by Automation)

WshShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings("%logonserver%\netlogon\fileshare\file.txt" and %userprofile%
if your file/s are small then i would go for this as it means (typically) the user will be dumping the file from the 'best place', alternatively (and perhaps less likely to naff off your AD guys) a DFS share will work in a similar fashion and pick the right server based on AD site location

How about usign a shortcut to a central file location and not having to update the file each time? My login script FAQ has sample code.

faq329-5798

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back