Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copy file to multiple folders simultaneously

Status
Not open for further replies.

galaxy24

IS-IT--Management
Dec 17, 2007
US
I wish to put a link into the favorites folder of all of my users. I currently run 2003 server with all XP professional workstations. Please let me know if you need any additional information. Thanks

I created a GPO in Group Policy Management and copy and pasted the URL to: User Configuration/Windows Settings/Internet Explorer Maintenance/URLs. I did this on Monday, but I still do not see the URL showing up in the user's favorites.

Is there an additional step I missed?

Run gpresult on the users PC to make sure that your GPO is being applied. The GPO should be set on an OU that has users in it, not one that contains PCs, since that is a user configuration setting.

Yes, it says that the GPO was applied. Thank you for sharing that tool. Wonder why it will not display?

I forgot to mention this yesterday. Yes, the GPO is set on an OU that has users in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back