Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

copy file from tape drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 12, 2002
SG
Hi,
How do i copy contents of remote tape drive which is written by NTBackup, to my computer?
thanks

Go into system tools and start the backup utility. Start the restore wizard and follow the steps. In NT it's under Admin tools.

Hope this helps,

Corie

but the tape drive is connected to a remote system ?

Does this remote tape drive back up your system? If so, go to the remote system and restore the file from there. If not, restore the file to a different place and copy it to your system from there. (use the advanced button on the last screen of the wizard to redirect the file).

Corie

i am looking for a way to connect to the tape drive from my computer. is it possible?

Only if the tape drive is shared. try mapping a drive to \\servername\driveletter$ (make sure you use a dollar sign after the tape drive letter, that signifies a default administrative share) and see if that works.

how do i know the administrative share name of the tape drive?

just add the dollar sign after the letter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back