Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

copy email to text file

Status
Not open for further replies.

MLNorton

Programmer
Nov 15, 2009
US
I know you can save an email as a text file. I want to be able to review the email inbox in Delphi and save a selected email as a text file into a selected folder.
How can I do this?

Well the first question would be what part of this you are having trouble with? getting the e-mail or saving the text file?

It is not possible for anyone to acknowledge truth when their salary depends on them not doing it.

I receive formatted e-mails that I now save to a text file, then I read the text file with a Delphi program and place the data into an Access data file. I would like to eliminate the manual process of saving the e-mail to a text file and have that done by the program.

You can automate MAPI and CDO etc. There are examples out there. However:

One way I can think of would be EasyMAPI:

It would allow you to open up the mailbox without the user needing to open their mail client. It can also connect the MS Exchange and pull the emails from there. I use this in a project where website orders are emailed to my client and the contents of the order are in the body of the email.

Add-In-Express would let you create a COM add-in for Outlook that could do some of that. But it would require Outlook and Outlook would have to be started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back