Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

copy drop shadow settings to another layer 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan2229

Technical User
Sep 25, 2006
US
I am using a drop shadow on a photo and would like to be able to copy specific settings of the drop shadow to all of the photos on the layout. Right now I am clicking on each of the layers and resetting the drop shadow settings individually.

I have ten or so layers on each page, and this is taking a lot of time. Can I copy and paste any Blending Option from one layer to another?

Thanks,

Daniel

Have you looked at Photoshop Help on Actions and Batch

mscallisto,

Thanks so much! I never would have thought to look there.

I first selected the layer I wanted to change, then I opened the Action palette and selected Start Recording... I selected the new setting in the Drop Shadow and pressed OK. I then selected another layer, clicked on the action in the palette and pressed the Play button. Presto!

You have saved me hours of work!

Thanks again.

Daniel

If you right-clic on the "tuned" layer in the layer window, you have a submenu with "copy layer style". Select the target layer, right-clic on it and select "paste layer style". This way, you can transfer all the effects applied from one layer to another in one step. Fast, efficient and non intrusive.

Cebebe,

Thanks, I'll add that to my workflow.

Daniel

...pressing 'alt/option' key and dragging the style to another layer is also possible...

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back