Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copy Database Wizard

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadyness

MIS
Dec 21, 2001
US
I have three SQL Server 2000 instances running on three separate servers. One of the servers is going to be rebuild to perform different tasks, so I would like to take all of the DTS packages I've witten and data stored in two databases from one server to another. However, when I go to use the copy database wizard I get the following message after trying to move on after selecting the destination server, "Your SQL Server Service is running under the local system account. You need to change your SQL Server Service acount to have the rights to copy files over the network."
I am not sure where I would go to adjust or correct this issue so I can proceed.

<== Some people say they are afraid of heights. With me its table widths. ==>

As the error says, the SQL Service is set up to use the local system account. This account does not have any network permissions (and cannot be assigned any) so you need to change the Service to use a domain account. To do this, right-click on the server in Ent Mgr, go to Properties - Security.

Make sure that domain account has the necessary privelages on the target machine

--James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back