Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

COPY Command in DOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOIGH

Technical User
Nov 13, 2002
US
When a COPY Command is issued in DOS to the HP 722C Printer a Blank sheet will print and than go dead. Connection test say that the printer is busy. Two years ago when I first got 98 this operation worked fine.

What OS are you using now ? and has the driver (presuming it`s a Windows OS) been installed with support for DOS printing ?

Please tell me the exact syntax of the command.

I would think it would be something like:

copy filename.txt lpt1

I assume I am using DOS, I have Windows 98, Shuldn't the COPY Command be the same for DOS AND OS.

The command was: COPY \DCLANX\NAMADD.PRN LPT1

aye

If the operation runs in a DOS window from inside Windows, the driver installed for the printer has to have support installed for DOS printing. Try opening a windows commandprompt and place yourself in a folder with some small text files. From the commandprompt try typing COPY "filename + extension" LPT1 and see what happens. Another way is to open the file with an editor like the DOS editor from the command prompt and then select print from within the application. From Windows Explorer you can also highlight a file and try and chose print from there without opening the file. Additionally you can try booting in pure DOS mode, and use the COPY from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back