Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copy classes from one project to another ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwr412

Programmer
Jan 9, 2002
US
I copied 3 classes from one project to another. And my classes do not show up in Class Wizard. Here's what I did specifically...

1. I copied the .ccp & .h files for the 3 classes from one project directory to another.

2. I then when to Project, Add to Proeject, Files... and inserted the 6 fixes into the destination project.

3. The program itself works fine! The classes show up in the workspace tree and can be accessed. But, when I go to class wizard to add a new override to one of the CRECORDSET derived classes...it's not there????

I tried deleting the .ncb & .opt files and re-building the project, as was sugjested by a previous reply...this did not work. Can anyone offer a solution or explaination??

Hi

Rename the Project .clw to OldProject.clw ( it's just for safety in case of big problem ... I never experienced it but ..)

Delete the file .clw and Start Class Wizard
It will complain about the file it does not found but will propose to rebuild a new one. Accept this proposition ...

HTH

Thierry
EMail: Thierry.Marneffe@swing.be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back