Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copy CDE Desktop Settings from Solaris Workstation to Workstaion...

Status
Not open for further replies.

plarrondo

MIS
Mar 8, 2006
US
I have a question about copying CDE Desktop settings. Is there a way to copy Desktop CDE setttings for a user from one workstation to another? I am replacing an old Ultra 5 workstation running Solaris 5.8 with a Ultra 25 workstation running Solaris 5.10, I know that the CDE versions are different but, is there a way to copy over the users desktop settings so we do not have to resetup their desktop on the new workstation to match the old workstation desktop? Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. If you know where documentation on this matter is located can you lead me in that direction?

Thanks,

Paul

I have done this with Solaris 2.6 to Solaris 2.9. Copy the users .dt directory and the files .dtprofile and .desksetdefaults from the users home directory. Also if you have set up special settings in /etc/dt. If it doesn't work, removing the .dt directory from the users home directory will start CDE with default settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back