Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copy button programming does not work for me - what am I doing wrong? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

foosy

IS-IT--Management
Feb 24, 2005
US
This is what I did:
1. Created a new user rights template named MyTemplate
2. Defined button programming
3. Right click user rights and selected "Apply User Rights to users". Selected in the dropdown MyTemplate and selected members of this user rights and also selected same entries in member when out of hours. clicked OK.
4. Checked user's button programming - nothing was copied there, should it have copied there?
5. Clicked Merge to save the configuration - nothing showing up on the phones
6. rebooted the phones - nothing showing up
7. tried the same procedure but by selecting the user, then right clicking and selecting "Apply user rights to users" - nothing happened.
8. Tried by selecting user, right clicking and selecting "Copy User rights values to user", selected user rights name and user and still nothing got copied
9. Read similar previous thread here and could not find any help. I did make sure that all users' existing buttons were blank before.

I am running Advanced Edition 9.0.3, and running out of ideas....

On the tab for Button Programming, did you go to the drop down box and set it to "Apply User Rights value

if you're using a user right, then you'll lock those options in the user profile. fyi.

(\__/) ||
(•Y•). ||
/ < )<||

Freaking barnacles!, I stared at this form for an an hour an was actually looking for that setting and didn't see it.
Thanks @TouchToneTommy for shining the light on my issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back