Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copy article with picture to MS Word

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stefaan100

Technical User
Feb 9, 2004
US
As an analyst, I regularly need to copy article from emails and online newspapers into MS Word. On my old computer I used to run Office 2000 and it used to work fine. But since I picked up a new computer with Office 2003, whenever I want to copy an article into a word document the text copies fine, but the pictures do not show. The picture box is there, but no picture. Sometimes if I copy the picture seperately it works, but not always.
Is there a reason for this? And can I change some settings that will allow me to copy the entire article.
Many thanks.

Does the picture show up OK if you insert a picture (Insert > Picture)?

Lilliabeth
-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will do?-

To Lilliabeth
At times when I insert the picture seperately it does show up. But lately it is not even doing that. It seems that there is some security feature that might be preventing it. Similar as to how I cannot click on a link in my word document except for first using Ctrl

Try:
Start > Control Panel > Display
Go to the Settings tab
Click the Advanced button
Go to the Troubleshoot tab
Move the Hardware acceleration setting down a notch
OK
OK

If moving hardware acceleration a notch or so doesn't get it, might look at the graphics driver as being the culprit.

Lilliabeth
-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will do?-

Hello,
There is a setting in Tools/Options that can play a part in how pictures are viewed. Tools/Options/View/UNcheck Picture Placeholder.

Sometimes this puts in a little box in place of the picture.

HTH,

Best,
Blue Horizon [2thumbsup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back