Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copy and Paste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ptrif

Technical User
May 19, 2003
US
I have 2 identical spreadsheets, I would like to copy one of the sheets from one to the other but when I do that all of the formulas reference the spreadsheet that it was copied from....is there a way to copy a complete tab over to another spreadsheet without the formulas referencing the original spreadsheet it came from? I hope this made sense....any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

Paul,

1) Select all cells on the source sheet.

2) Select A1 on the target sheet.

3) Edit/Paste Special - Values

will copy/paste VALUES and not formulas.

:)

Skip,

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884

Thanks Skip, however I need to keep the formulas, the 2 spreadsheets are identical. I have found a work around by doing a find and replace and just replacing the name of the other spreadsheet to a blank.....was now just wondering if there is another way to do it.

Thanks!

Paul

Don't think so.

Skip,

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884

Paul, if the two pages are in different files, do the copy as you did initially, then use Edit|Links to take off the references to the first SS and point to the current file and Excel will do the work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back