Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copy an Application within 'Builder'

Status
Not open for further replies.

SL1M1

Technical User
Feb 10, 2005
GB

Not too familiar with CallPilot guys and I am hoping someone can give me a simple run down of how to copy an Application to send via email?

I have a case open woth Nortel regarding a transfer issue It transfers but after say 2 secs it drops and responds with a message 'Unable to connect'.

I have scheduled in a time to load some PEP's Nortel have advised but they would like to have a copy of the 'Application' to try in their Lab.

Your help very much appreciated guys

Cheers!!

Sorry, should have added
It a CallPilot server 703t Rls3 and for some reason the AppBuilder software is not on the Server, although the option is there.

I can only connect to it over a localLAN with my LapTop PC were I have the software loaded?

Cheers!!

Application Builder goes on the individual PCs and not on the server. The link you see witin CPMGR is for site that has CPMGR install on its own web server.

As for copying the application, archive the application from the backup/restore menu and send the app to Nortel, and they'll retore on their server.

Thanks djwht,

The problem I've got now is trying to back-up the Application...The option to tape drive fails and I've tried to configure another backup device but it needs the path defining, struggling again!!

Can I push my luck and ask for advise on how to back-up/archive to a memory stick or what would be the recommended to transfer the Application and send onto Nortel

Cheers !!

if the tape drive is not working, then you'll have to create a network backup. You'll have to create a share drive on a network server/pc and give cp read/write permision to that network share. then from within cpmgr, go to the archive restore menu and define a appbuilder archive, you'll get an option to archive all or selective... select the app you want and archive it.

OK djwht, thanks for your support on this
Cheers!!

What software level on the PBX and is it commercial or DSN software?

If DSN there is a patch to fix this. It's about 3 years old, but did not make it into the Deplists because of DISA regs, but you can get it.

What is the scenario surrounding the transfer?

JOhn

Hi Janaya,

The scenario is CP transfers the call to the number specified over the network (IPTrunks) via the Application Builder and other functions set 'Revert DN' to CO aswell

But it only rings at the 'B' end for around 2 secs and drops with the CP responding to caller 'Unable to connect at this time'

Nortel have advised loading some more PEP's which I've downloaded and scheduled in before they look at the case further...Which is expected

Cheers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back