Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copy additional files to device on project execute

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesGordon

Programmer
Jan 14, 2002
GB
I'm using Embedded C++ V4.

When I execute a project I need to copy additional files to the device/directory so that the executable can run.

Can I do this as part of the project, and if so how?

Regards,

James.

VC4 embeded has only the posibility of downloading the main program file to the device AND the dep[endecies.

VC4 embeded detects the dependecies in a very strange matter and does not copy your files to the device.

But why do you need to copy your dependecies files on the device. Place your application and dependencies under the \application folder and they won't be deleted on warm boot. do not work in the default path under \windows this is deleted.

BTW, VC4 does not copies dependent COM libraries or OCXs.

HTH,

s-)

Blessed is he who in the name of justice and goodwill, sheperds the weak through the valley of darkness...

Thanks, I had hoped that that would not be your answer.
At the moment we are using the emulator and as soon as we stop it we loose everything.

I know that, this is what makes work with emulated programs not so easy to debug. I just hate when I have to put a bunch of AfxMessageBox calls in my program to get a grip of what is going on.

BTW, AfxMessageBox of MFC for Win CE does not work unless you put it in a project which has at least one CWinApp derived object. B-( - MS bug in source code, I have checked.

HTH and good luck

s-)

Blessed is he who in the name of justice and goodwill, sheperds the weak through the valley of darkness...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back