Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copy a SharePoint site

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamkovaks

Programmer
Sep 20, 2012
DE
Morning all,

I have been asked to copy a SharePoint site that our Euopean colleagues use. The site is writen in Spanish and what we want to do (if possible) is take a copy of it as is - documents, workflow, template etc - and then on a different server recreate that site. Both sites and servers run the same version of SharePoint. Permissions and user groups on each site are completely different, although we do use a global AD so users themselves are global.

Now I have a few questions -

[ul]
[li]What is the easiest was to copy a site to then place on a different server?[/li]
[li]Is there an easy way to translate the site into English on the new server?[/li]
[li]Will there be any issues with permissions initially. Obviously I will be changing them for UK users once the site has been replicated?[/li]
[/ul]

Any help with any of the above will be greatly appreciated, also if my explanation is not good enough please let me know!

Hi,

I was originally told it was on a completely different server/ farm. I have since found out that its actually just a seperate site on the same farm. Unfortunatly people here dont exactly know much about SharePoint or even the way the farm here is set up!

Have you played with saving the site as template and include content.

Then create a new site from the template.

*You may need to work on the workflows*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back