Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copper Mountain CE 150 DSLAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey62

MIS
Jul 16, 2002
US
anyone can help here. I need to configure a ce 150 to deploy sdsl from a t1 etc..to users up top a dmarc in a multi tenanat building. so someone is broker for a bandwith thing promoting himself as an Isp!. probably copper rockets on the rec end. what do I need? the orig isp mask gateway etc.... and then how to config? do I create my own lan etc...to get to the net...

how to proceed?

Mikey

No disrespect intended, but you may be in over your head on this. But it depends on your background knowledge. First place I'd try is Copper Mountain's website for user manuals and tech notes. But you should also consult with someone on overall network design especially if you do not have a full understanding on how a DSL network should be set up.

thanks maxpipeline. the deal is an electrical contractor wants to extend a Wan connection [can it be any type?].I do have good knowledge of DSL and have configured many netopia sprint and adsl sdsl routers. I know footage issues and cabling issues etc.. BUT! what do you think of this guy's scenario = he may have an idea. I looked up sdsl dslam's on ebay an these devices = are cheap= 400 bucks!!! so! can you take a single WAN IP. extend it up to 18000 feet with multiple ports via a dslam connected to DSL Bridges (very cheap) the connected to the nic via dhcp or a group of IP's you buy.

Interesting? I looked in the CE150 manual I think you can create your own vci's and vpi's within the dslam.

any ideas will this guy's idea work? Imagine taking a $26.50 cent 1.5 meg Sbc adsl and turn it into 30 - 40 connections up to 18000 feet away? possible?

What are the pairs like? Do they have dialtone as well, or are they dead pairs?

A DSLAM usually interfaces with line cards that split the POTS with the DSL circuit to allow the frequency split to occur... not exactly an easy process, and if you're just doing point to point DSL... I would reccomend a different solution.

I think the pairs for this are all dry. Question? does the dslam have its own NAT? I figure the guy needs the Wan input (the sbc static ip) plugs and configures it into the dslam. converts it etc... he uses the modems in the far part of the apt complex to connect or authenticate it's (modems) mac address with the port on the back of the dslam that then has the dslam's NAT ip to communicate with the gateway (the sbc static) thus out to the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back