Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Coonecting branch offices - requirements?

Status
Not open for further replies.

taudette

Technical User
Jan 4, 2004
CA
Hi gang

I searched through old postings but am unable to determine the possibility of a solution I am hoping to put into place.

We are moving to a two new locations (splitting our office), and in that move, our call centre will be in a different area of the city. There, I will have our current CallPilot 150 Enhanced voicemail and call centre system installed, and working as it is today. We'll mimic the lines etc. It will operate as it is now.

We are wondering if it is possible to connect the two offices, because management will be at another location.

Can this be done with CallPilot 150? Would I need another Callpilot 150 at the management location?

How would we handle the routing? Right now when people call the 800 number they can dial a manager extension (3 digits), or they can select from one of 4 skillset prompts that sends them to the call centre queue. If management is at the other office, how can we route the calls to them at the proper extension?

Also, what if we wanted to have some call centre agents at the management location for overflow? Could they login to the other call centre queue and answer waiting calls?

I know this is big, and we'll likely bring in the consultants, but I am just hoping to get an overview of what you think is possible, or what you would do in this situation.

Hopefully I've given enough info.

Thanks!

T.

:)

Call Pilot is just the voice mail. What type of phone system is it attached to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back