Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cool menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

friend01

Programmer
Jun 4, 2009
CA
Hi,

I remember reading somewhere that we can make VFP MENU's look "cooler" (more kinda up to date). Anybody know how? Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
F1

Hi Mike,

Something within the lines of "gradient colors" with maybe some small bitmaps (icons) next to the menu option. Something 'updated'. What do have in mind?

Thanks,
F1

The link craigber gave me seems outdated with many bugs apparently. Any others?

Thanks,
f1

maybe some sort of small ribbon or something. You know, something a little more up-to-date.

thanks,
f1

Friend,

You can do the icons very easily. Just add a PICTURE or PICTRES clause to DEFINE BAR. Or, if you use the menu designer, use the Picture control in the Prompt Options form.

As for gradients, I think that's achieved via themes. I've never tried to do it myself.

If you prefer something like the ribbon in Office 2007, you can make a fairly simple version without too much difficulty. I wrote an article a couple of years ago for FoxPro Advisor showing an example of how it's done. I don't have the code any more, but if you subscribe to their website, you should be able to find it.

Failing that, there are plenty of third-party menu and ribbon bars around.

Mike

Visual FoxPro tips, advice, training, consultancy
Custom software for your business

outdated? with many bugs?

I fear it just didn't work out right from the start for you. VFPX is work in progress, surely there can be beta or even alpha versions, but I'd go with this or eg the OOP menu project of VFPX and the stuff I used from VFPX was working fine for me so far.

Bye, Olaf.

Hi,

Craig and Olaf are quit right, the TabMenu = Officestyle2007 is not outdated at all, there is a very very clear documentation, (whished all the VFPX prohjects would have such a detailed How-To-Do document, it has two flawless working examples. Your reaction gives me the impression you have done some basic things wrong in installation, anyway it is never a good behavior to just state "full of errors". "outdated" without even indicating why what where. Please be more specific and please enjoy with admiration the work that has been done.

Jockey(2)
jockey.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back