Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cookies

Status
Not open for further replies.

gm456

Programmer
Aug 4, 2000
GB
I'm setting up a system whereby when a user sucessfully logs on, a cookie is set which is used later on to show extra fields etc. on a search form.<br><br>After validation:<br><br>&lt;CFCOOKIE NAME=&quot;APLPRV&quot; VALUE=#username#&gt;<br>&lt;cflocation url=&quot;search.cfm?cat=enttain&quot;&gt;<br><br>However, search.cfm does not see the cookie.<br><br>Any ideas?&nbsp;&nbsp;I've got the same problem on two sites :-(<br><br>Garry

That is because you are redirecting to another page directly after setting the cookie, so the cookie never gets sent to the client.<br>A cookie gets sent to a client along with the page, so you cannot do a CFLOCATION right after.<br><br> <p>Russ Michaels<br><a href=mailto:russ@satachi.com>russ@satachi.com</a><br><a href= Internet Development</a><br>For my personal book recommendations visit <br>

If you use CFLOCATION to redirect the Cookie will not get set. Alternatively use Javascript to redirect after setting the Cookie.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back