Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cookies being eaten?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klae

Programmer
Mar 5, 2001
GB
We have Bordermanager as our corporate proxy and cookie handling is a bit erratic. Any website that extensively uses cookies and session-cookies do not work properly. Insurance sites and other secure sites return "cookie expired for no use in 30 minutes" when you are using the website and more importantly, we now can't download anything from Novell because the cookies I think are being eaten by bordermanager. Knowing Novell, there's probably a patch for this to download but we can't get it! Please help. Klae

You're only as good as your last answer!

should let us know what BM version you are running.

are you using the proxy?

but do make sure your filters allow secure html as well as standard html. this is also an issue in BM 2.1 AKA 1.0
the issue could also be with the workstation it's self (an IE setting).
Brent Schmidt CNE, Network +
Senior Network Engineer
KIS Computer Center - East Bay, California; USA

I have the same problem.

I am a PHP developer with little Novell experience. I have several web apps on an external server that require session data to be managed properly. We are running a proxy through BorderManager 3.6 on Netware 4.1.1 (if I understood our Novell admin properly). Something with this proxy is not working right as it is impossible to maintain an authenticated session with the external web server.

For some reason, the retention of session data is sporadic. I get lost (logged out) from our web application at random points. I may be logged out immediately after I enter information in the log in page. I may be logged out after exploring 3 different pages as a logged in user.

I can access the external server without any of these issues from my home internet connection. It is while running through BorderManager that I am losing session data.\

The external server is running and - - these are the apps that we keep getting logged out of.

Any advice is appreciated.

- - picklefish - -
Why is everyone in this forum responding to me as picklefish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back