Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Converting VB 6.0 to VB .net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mileseve1

Technical User
Oct 12, 2003
US
Hello,

I am currently trying to install VB .NET and keep getting an error message see below). I was wondering if this has to do with the fact that I still have VB 6.0 on my machine? Should I delete VB 6.0 first before trying to install .NET or does it make a difference? Also, if this is not the reason for my error message "ERROR: Error 1305.Error reading from file: d:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Vc7\VCWizards\ATLSWiz\templates\1033\root.h. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it." what do you suggest I do to correct it? There doesn't seem to be a way to override to continue the installation.

Thank you

You can install VB.net to run along side VB6. The error can be caused for several reasons.

The most likely of which is Bad Media
If you think that it is your cd/dvd is bad, please contact Microsoft Product
Support at 800-936-5800.

If this is a copy then try to find the original.

You could also search this link. You will find may people with the same problem.

DotNetDoc
M.C.S.D.
---------------------------------------

Tell me and I forget. Show me and I remember. Involve me and I understand.
- Anonymous Chinese Proverb
-----------------------------------
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.
- A. Einstein

d:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Vc7\VCWizards\ATLSWiz\templates\1033\root.h.

appears to be a C++ ATL (Active Template Library) header file. Are you sure that you stared VB .NET.

Forms/Controls Resizing/Tabbing Control
Compare Code (Text)
Generate Sort Class in VB or VBScript

Visual Studio installs VB.net C# and C++.

DotNetDoc
M.C.S.D.
---------------------------------------

Tell me and I forget. Show me and I remember. Involve me and I understand.
- Anonymous Chinese Proverb
-----------------------------------
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.
- A. Einstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back