Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Converting to CMYK 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimPotter

Technical User
Jul 9, 2004
GB
I think that this query should be quite straightforward..
I have recently sent a document to a printer who has come back to me saying that all the colours need to be in CMYK format and that my files currently contain Calibrated RGB and ICC colour management. Most of the graphics in the document have been created on PhotoshopCould anyone tell me the quickest way to convert my files to CMYK only.

Thanks

Hi, TimPotter,

> > Most of the graphics in the document have been created on PhotoshopCould anyone tell me the quickest way to convert my files to CMYK only.

The best way is get the original images - you did save them as unflattened PSDs? - and save them in Photshop as CMYK.

This may help:

Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

Thanks for your reply.
However I think I may have a bigger problem. I am using PhotoShop Elements and I dont think that this allows you to convert to CMYK. Is this the case? - and if so is there any other way around this problem?

Hi, TimPotter,

> >I am using PhotoShop Elements and I don't think that this allows you to convert to CMYK

That's correct - PS Elements (and prior to that, PS 5LE) are strictly RGB. Which is why they cost a lot less than the complete versions.

Off the top of my head, you could download a time-restricted full working copy of Photoshop from (150Mb) or perhaps a copy of PaintShopPro from I'm not too familiar with PSP.

Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

BigJohnD

Thanks for all your help! I realised you would be a good lad when I read you were from Hoylake- Im originally from just down the road in Meols.

Thanks again

Hi, Tim,

> Im originally from just down the road in Meols.

Small world! I used to live in Heron Road over looking Carr Farm and before that in a cottage by Hoylake railway station.

I now live at the top of Grange Hill between Calday GS and Hilbre Sec - and drink in the Ringer (now 100% no smoking) but for watching footy on the big screen the Black Horse has a less inhibited atmosphere.

Some snaps at:
Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back