Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Converting PCD images to TIFF

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestKaz

Technical User
Feb 19, 2005
GB
I have 100 CDs with 100 PCD images on each. I want to open them in Photoshop CS2 or CS3 at Pixel Size 2048x3072 at 300 DPI and save them as TIFF.

1. Is there any way that I can open all the files on a CD at once? (When I open a group of PCD images I need to click the OK button for every image to verify the Pixel Size and DPI.)

2. What is the most efficient way to convert these 10,000 files to high resolution TIFF?

Thanks

Set up an action in Photoshop and then go away for a holiday.

Seriously, you could set up an action which resizes one of your images. Once you can do a single image, set it to do 10 images and time how long it takes. That will give you some idea of how long the whole process will take.

As for opening all the images at once - that will be a no unless your box has enough RAM to store them all and that is very unlikely.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back