Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

converting outline to shape OR

Status
Not open for further replies.

DjTrex

Programmer
Apr 4, 2006
US
I have a design to go on a t-shirt. There is a outlined shape inside another shape. I need it so the outline is cut out of the larger object it is over. If i do divide objects below all it does is cut that shape into the bottom shape. The problem is it cuts as a hairline. The outline was set to 1px thick. How do i get convert the 1px outline to a sold shape which i can then cut into the bigger object and have the gape big enough to show the shirt color from under. I'll post a pic in a few if i get time.

thx

Here is the link. The orange is representing the shirt color and the white line is what i am trying to get cut out so the orange will show through. There will be serveral different shirt colors therefore i need the white line to be cut out of the black.

http://www.silverskin.us/images/hotq.gif

...there are two ways to get the stroke to a solid shape...

...first is to select the white line that has the 1pt stroke, then choose object > path > outline stroke...

...the second way is to use object > expand and click OK...

...from here you can select both the new outlined stroke, plus the shape behind, and choosing object > compound path > make, or you can use the "minus front" command in the pathfinder palette...

andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back