Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Converting lower case characters in string to Upper case 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 14, 2002
US
I am trying to convert a string variable that someone enters in a field from lower case to all upper case so that when they submit the string to the database, it will find a match. Currently when someone enters it998 for a piece of equipment and does a search, it comes back with blank data, whereas if someone enters IT998 and searches, they see all the matching results. The first page is a plain html form where the user enters the equipment ID and hits search, this takes the variable they entered and inserts in to a query string which displays the results.

Any ideas on an easy way of doing this?

Thanks,

I did try this and when I later call this variable in the query string, it still does not convert the string value to an upper case value...and when I did a response.write command, it does not display, so for some reason is the querystring not responding until the execution of the sql statement. I can see the variable paramater in the url displayed, but it does not convert lower case values to upper case...

If your querystring is something like then you would use the UCase function thus:

UpperCaseVariable = UCase(request.querystring("ID"))
response.write(UpperCaseVariable)

If you still have problems, please post some code...

BDC.

Nevermind, I see what I did wrong now :) , thanks for your help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back