Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Converting Licenses to UCC and adding MiCollab to a system 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwbMitel

Technical User
Oct 11, 2005
CA
Ok, I'm kind of venting here but I've been tasked with trying to prove a negative to please bear with me.

MCD system is Standalone SW fairly Current and being upgraded/replaced
Micollab is new physical box
MBG is new Physical box

All application records are created.

When adding a UCC manager, if I do it via the MiCollab, I cannot add the MCD Standalone System
When adding a UCC manager, if I do it via the MCD Standalone System I can add the Micollab and MBG

I have 10 Uplift licenses to take UCC Basic to UCC Entry and then UCC Standard
When I try to move 10 MCD Standalone licenses to the UCC manager I get an error saying that I do not have the required base licensing to perform this action

My Conclusion - I need to convert the system to Enterprise Licensing
My Sales Feedback - Mitel said it could be done as is
My Directive from my manager - Prove it can't be done

Sometimes I really hate this job and this is one of those times.

Does anyone else have any thoughts that differ from my own

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

not sure what you mean exactly but you should be able to create a ULM from the MVB in AMC

then add micollab to that in AMC
they can share locally without enterprise

Im pretty sure we have one set like this , it was even a virtual MIVB that was standalone ( there was a period when that was possible)

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

might be that the UCC licenses purchased were enterprise UCC

I would make it a mitel problem , if they say it can be done then ask them how

from UCC V4 Bulletin PB20160111
Prior to UCCv4 licensing, two different sets of UCC bundles were available for MiVoice Business users:
• Bundles for MiVoice Business Standalone that include a standard user license (54004976)
• Bundles for MiVoice Business Enterprise that include an enterprise user license (54004975)

With UCCv4 the license bundles for MiVoice Business Standalone have been eliminated. Both types of MiVoice Business user licenses (54004975 and 54004976) are recognized as UCC Basic users, and can take advantage of uplift parts to higher levels of UCC functionality.

1.4 MiVoice Business Standard User Licenses (54004976)
This is equivalent to a UCCv4 “Basic” user. To take advantage of UCC bundles, reassign the MiVoice Business Standard user licenses to the ULM ARID, and purchase and apply the required UCC uplift parts.

• 54006553 - UCCv4 Basic to Entry for MiVoice Business
• 52002959 – UCCv4 Basic to Standard for MiVoice Business
• 52002960 – UCCv4 Basic to Premium for MiVoice Business

There is no requirement to upgrade the MiVoice Business stand-alone to a MiVoice Business Enterprise system.

I emailed the AMC yesterday and they say there is a specific order to the process when using a standalone system.

The UCC licenses purchased were Upgrade licenses so they are not Standard or Enterprise.

I will update if the process works.

The part I love the most is being treated like a moron when asking AMC for help with these license manager problems.

I suppose you're entitled to your opinion, I'm just not going to suppose very hard.

Update:

It works.

You need to create the UCC manager using the MCD
You then need to add the other Arids
[highlight #FCE94F]***[/highlight] You must then sync the Micollab to "activate" the UCC manager
Then you can move your licenses from the MCD and upgrade them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back