Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Converting Inverted Date back to standard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agribank

MIS
Oct 8, 2008
US
We have a product called ViewDirect for MVS, originally a Mobius production until ASG bought them out. When a report is processed into Mobius, it is stored with a Gregorian or Inverted date/time stamp, which I need to convert back to USA format, using REXX. My first question is; Is this possible and second, how. If I dump View Direct's master file, the very first record in the file has a Inverted or Gregorian Date equal to 79918996796161, which I believe if converted, would actually read as 20081003 203838, if converted. Any assistance you can supply, would be greatly appreciated.

First, 99999999 - 79918996 = 20081003. This is an "S-form" date, i.e.: Sortable.

Then dateu = Date( "U" , "20081003" , "S" ) yields "10/03/08". "U" is "USA-form".

Frank Clarke
--Is it time for another Boston Tea Party?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back