Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

converting files

Status
Not open for further replies.

floorart

Technical User
May 25, 2007
US
Hello:

I am an artist with a small business. My hard drive recently fried and I invested in some new software. I have an emphasis in MIS but it's 14 yrs. old, and I haven't kept up. To the point: I need some advise but don't want to offend the forum. If I'm in the wrong place please point me to something more appropriate.

Question: I've redone my letter head in CS3 with logo and text. Now, I need to save in a different format for various business forms; cover letter, cover page, invoices, proposals etc., and I would like to use MS Office for the forms with tables. Can anyone help or direct me to a good source of info.

Thank you,
Walt

Hi
You will have to export your letterhead as a pdf and insert the pdf into a Word Doc. I would use the crop tool (Formatting Palette) to crop around the logo/slogo. You could insert the logo into the header (giving it a good top margin). Then create your business forms, and save each as a .dot in the Microsoft Office Templates folder.

OR

You could just use InDesign. Create several layers, one for each form, and put the logo/slogo on the last layer and keep it visible. Then just turn each layer on as you need it. InDesign has way better tables than Word, and did you know ID also supports data merging (so you can do a mail merge just like in Word.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back