Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Converting FCPXML to .SRT

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCHomepage

Programmer
Feb 24, 2009
US
I have a Final Cut Pro X XML file export from which I am trying to extract the subtitle information into a standard .SRT file format. Doing the extracting and getting it into the proper format using PHP is no problem but I can't figure out, nor does there appear to be anything anywhere online, how to convert the odd start and end times from Apple's XML to something useful! I have Adobe Premiere and Encore as part of the Windows CS3 suite and am hoping to recreate the project using these but I do not want to have to reenter all the subtitles! Is there anyone here, or is there another forum, with someone who can help?

In the Final Cut Pro X XML file, an example has it like this:

Code:
<title lane="1" offset="956956/60000s" ref="r6" name="She will now sing" duration="220220/60000s" start="216073858/60000s" role="Subtitles">
    <adjust-transform position="0.267518 -32.3158" scale="1 1.03087"/>
    <text>She will now sing</text>
</title>

and I happen to know that this one coverts to:

Code:
00:00:11,666 --> 00:00:15,300
She will now sing

This conversion to a standard .SRT format was done by entering the known times from Final Cut Pro into another application, then saving the results manually to a .SRT file but it doesn't tell me anything about a formula to actually do the conversion programmatically. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back