Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Converting Early Paradox

Status
Not open for further replies.

2learnmore

Technical User
Jan 13, 2011
US
I want to be upfront and let you guys know that I have very little knowledge concerning Paradox programming. However, I have a program that is used in my business that was written using Corel Paradox. The problem is, it runs on Win 98SE. It would be an understatement to say that it needs to be upgraded to at least Win XP Pro, if not, Win 7. I know so little about this program that I am not even certain how to verify the version of Paradox, although I would be willing to learn. What I need to know is if my supported Win 98 version can be ugraded to run on Win XP. Moreover, can this task be done by someone with very little experience in such a matter. Thanks, in advance, for your response.

To check the version, choose "Help" in the Paradox main window, then "About" or "About Paradox."

This is the nice thing about Windows programs: Most of them will run on newer versions of the operating system with very little trouble unless the programmers did something "tricky" to get past a limitation of the operating system as it existed at the time.

Seriously, if you've got your old Corel Paradox CD and code, install it on an XP or 7 box along with a _copy_ of your data and try it out. It should run fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back