Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Converting DOS into Access

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 18, 2002
US
Hello! Our AP and AR Department runs on DOS. My boss wants me to take the check register everyday and put it in a access database and from there construct a database to tell what invoices need to be paid, etc. Does anyone know if this is possible? Can you import DOS based information into Access? Any pointers on how I should approach this would be great!!

Melissa

It's possible but you need to know a struture of your Dos database Dbase, Texte file ??? Export into a text file your data with separation on each record with coma ; Some dos Database have export option to text file if you don't have this option is really hard you need to use Open # do a search Open in the Help of Access something exemple is include.
Maybe you can use the option of import in Access 2002 if the Type of your DOS database is include in the option.

like this.

MyFields1;MyFields2;MyFields3
etc...

After that you need to import the record (text file_ with delimited text, set to ";" for separator

After, set the structure of each fields in edit mode table.
but you can import text in existing table but each record need to match with the structure of your table.

Good Luck !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back