Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

converting dates in parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

hambo12

Technical User
Dec 16, 2003
AU
I have managed to get a simple report from a Progress Openedge database connected to SQL reporting services.

The report uses an un-named parameter to select the date.
However, progress formats their dates as MM/dd/yyyy.
SQL reporting services parameter uses dd/MM/yyyy as the format to select the date. Therefore, the report returns an error when I select a date from the parameter calendar. This is the error:

An error occurred during local report processing.
The value provided for the report parameter 'Parameter1' is not valid for its type.

The only way I can get the report to work is to manually enter the date format in MM/dd/yyyy.

Is there any way to fix this issue? Can I change the format of the date when it is selected in the parameter?

Im not sure how to use this. I cant run those queries on a progress database, and I have no sql DB to run this against...

Further to this:

I have tried the following in the parameter tab in the dataset:

=format(Parameters!Parameter1.Value, "dd/MM/yyyy")

However when I try to run the report, I get this:

An error occurred during local report processing.
The value provided for the report parameter 'Parameter1' is not valid for its type.

I then try to change the parameter data type to "String" and re-run the report and enter the dd/MM/yyyy date. i get the following error:

"Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt".

Also,I can run the query in the Query analyser in the Data tab, and input the dd/MM/yyyy format, and the results display fine. However, when I run the report in the preview tab, the report fails.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back