Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Converting Data to Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMagikWand

Technical User
Aug 11, 2003
US
hey guys/gals

im was wondering if there was a way to get my report/data and convert it into a MS excel file. I know that its quite easy to create a spreadsheet and import it INTO crystal, but i was the opposite, i want it from crystal, to excel.
Id like it to be an excel file because my boss (who else would this be for?)is fairly good @ using excel, whereas she knows nothing about crystal, so i want her no where near my report :p.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

using WinXP w/ crystal reports v8.5

Hi,
One of the Export options for CR is Excel format, so you can use that - if that export option not installed, use the CR disk and add it to the existing installation.

[profile]

thanks a bunch, i actually checked the export feature but didnt see an excel option, i didnt know it required a separate install. im still not aware of approx 85% of crystals funtions/features.

thanks a ton for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back