Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

converting data from FoxPro 2.6 to SQL Server 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

nubo

IS-IT--Management
May 23, 2005
US
Hello Everyone,

I have a project that is about to fall on my lap, and it is to convert data from FoxPro 2.6 to SQL Server 2000. Now I have actually never handled an issue like this and I am a little familiar with SQL Server DTS system.

Has anyone done a project like this?

Or can I get some advice on what things I should look for while doing this?

Thanks in Advance

Go to Enterprise Manager --> SQL Server ---> Data Transformation Service -- > Local Package

Right Click Local Pacakge and you can design the DTS over there. As you are new you may have some problems but it is never late to learn.

Now if you need to import the foxpro database. Simply create a new database. right click on table and click on Import Data. Just complete all the screen (Wizard) and you will able to import the database from foxpro. You may have some problem with datatype . You might have to create a DSN. Note: Choose Foxpro from data source.

try exploring the linked server also. I do not remember whether DOS foxpro database can be linked but it is worth giving a try

Thanks

J. Kusch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back