Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

converting C++5 to VC++

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmgarrison

Programmer
Sep 26, 2000
US

I've got a 20 file (or so) project that was written in C++Builder 5 with Delphi and I need to get in working in Visual C++ 6. Is there an automated way to go about this? Do I have to manually convert all the forms into the VC++ components? Is there a way to point VC++ to the C++Builder's libraries? I appreciate any tips or advice you could give.

Greg [sig][/sig]

there is no automatic way to convert from Borland C++ Builder 5 to Microsoft Visual C++ 6, perhaps if they were by the same company you could do it, but BC++ 5, uses a Pascal type of library for his visual control, VC++ doesnt, so you will probally have to convert everything manually, also pointing VC++ to BC++ libs, will not help, as they will not be compatible. [sig]<p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@kb244.com>kb244@kb244.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>Experienced in : C++(both VC++ and Borland),VB1(dos) thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, HTML, Visual InterDev 6(ASP(WebProgramming/Vbscript)<br>
[/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back