Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Converting AI into PDF 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MPKeane

Technical User
Sep 26, 2007
US
Working with Adobe Illustrator CS 11.0.0 on a Mac PowerBook, OS 10.4.10

I made a postcard design and am now trying to make a PDF of the file. The postcard used several images that overhung the design so I used a clipping mask to crop them to the right size. The finished image looks fine and prints properly on the printer.

When I make the PDF, however, the size of the PDF includes the "invisible" areas of the clipped image. Instead of coming out as a 5" x 8" card, the PDF shows the 5 x 8 card plus a lot of white space on the sides where the clipped images overhung the layout. How can I make a PDF that includes just the 5 x 8 document size and nothing else?

Marc

Hi jimoblak;

The AI file was laid out at 5" x 8". Even so, when I do a "Save As" and then choose "PDF", I get a PDF that includes the clipped-off areas as extra white space instead of just the 5 x 8 document.

Marc

...create an area with rectangle tool you want to save to pdf, try Object > Crop Area > Make, then save to pdf again, any better?

Andrew

Thank you apepp;

Defining the Crop Area did the trick.

Marc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back