Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Converting AD from mixed to native mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 30, 2004
GB
We are currently running an Active Directory consisting of Windows 2000 servers, 2003 servers and several NT 4.0 boxes. Our AD is therefore in mixed mode. We are also in the process of migrating from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. We have reached the stage where to continue with the Exchange 2003 migration we need to change the AD mode to native.

In order to do this we are planning to demote our NT 4.0 DC's to member servers using a tool called UPromote.

Firstly has anyone any experience of demoting a server using this tool?

Secondly, one of the NT 4.0 servers we are planning to demote is running Exchange 5.5. Does anyone know of any potential problems we could encounter after demoting the server running 5.5 ?????

Thanks v much ...

I just demoted all of my servers including Exchange5.5 using UPromote. It worked out fine for me no problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back