Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Converting Access query using FoxPro linked table not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhybrOptk

Programmer
Mar 28, 2002
US
I'm converting a query i was using in msaccess to use in a stand alone vb.exe
Using vb6.
Access uses 3 foxpro linked tables and runs a make table query... works fine in access, but when i try to use it in my app i keep getting the good old error 3170 No Installable ISAM.

Sorry for the size but here is the code i currently have.
(i know the problem is with the foxpro linked tables)

Dim SQLcur As String
SQLcur = "SELECT DUFCLAME.CLM_YR, DUFCLAME.SSN, DUFCLAME.RELATION, DUFCLAME.PAT_NAM, DUFCLAME.CLAIM_DT, DUFCLAME.OFFVIS_P, DUFCLAME.PRES_P, DUFCLAME.XRAYLAB_P, DUFCLAME.SUDSER_P, DUFCLAME.DENTAL_P, DUFCLAME.OPT_P, DUFCLAME.SURG_P, DUFCLAME.ANESTH_P, DUFCLAME.HOSPRM_P, DUFCLAME.HOSPMSC_P, DUFCLAME.MED_P, DUFCLAME.OPT_EXM_P, DUFCLAME.OPT_LEN_P, DUFCLAME.OPT_FRM_P, DUFCLAME.OPT_CONT_P, DUFCLAME.SABUSE_P, DUFCLAME.MM_P, DUFCLAME.AMT_PD, DUFMEMBD.FIRST_NM, DUFMEMBD.MI, DUFMEMBD.LAST_NM, DUFMEMBD.SEX, " & _
"DUFMEMBD.EMP_CO_NO , DUFMEMBD.Add, DUFMEMBD.CITY, DUFMEMBD.ST, DUFMEMBD.ZIP, DUFMEMBD.DT_BIRTH, DUFMEMBD.DT_HIRE, DUFMEMBD.DT_ELIG, DUFMEMBD.TERM, DUFMEMBD.DT_TERM, DUFCLAME.PROV_ID, DUFPROVR.Name, DUFCLAME.OFFVIS_C, DUFCLAME.PRES_C, DUFCLAME.XRAYLAB_C, DUFCLAME.SUDSER_C, DUFCLAME.DENTAL_C, DUFCLAME.OPT_C, DUFCLAME.SURG_C, DUFCLAME.ANESTH_C, DUFCLAME.HOSPRM_C, DUFCLAME.HOSPMSC_C, DUFCLAME.MED_C, DUFCLAME.SABUSE_C, DUFCLAME.OPT_EXM_C, DUFCLAME.OPT_LEN_C, DUFCLAME.OPT_FRM_C, DUFCLAME.OPT_CONT_C, DUFCLAME.MM_C, " & _
"DUFCLAME.OFFVIS_S, DUFCLAME.PRES_S, DUFCLAME.XRAYLAB_S, DUFCLAME.SUDSER_S, DUFCLAME.DENTAL_S, DUFCLAME.OPT_S, DUFCLAME.SURG_S, DUFCLAME.ANESTH_S, DUFCLAME.HOSPRM_S, DUFCLAME.HOSPMSC_S, DUFCLAME.MED_S, DUFCLAME.SABUSE_S, DUFCLAME.MM_S, DUFCLAME.OFFVIS_E, DUFCLAME.PRES_E, DUFCLAME.XRAYLAB_E, DUFCLAME.SUDSER_E, DUFCLAME.DENTAL_E, DUFCLAME.OPT_E, DUFCLAME.SURG_E, DUFCLAME.ANESTH_E, DUFCLAME.HOSPRM_E, DUFCLAME.HOSPMSC_E, DUFCLAME.MED_E, DUFCLAME.SABUSE_E, DUFCLAME.MM_E INTO DUFCLAMETEMP " & _
"FROM (DUFCLAME INNER JOIN DUFMEMBD ON DUFCLAME.SSN = DUFMEMBD.SSN) INNER JOIN DUFPROVR ON DUFCLAME.PROV_ID = DUFPROVR.ID_NUM " & _
"Where DUFCLAME.CLM_YR = '" & curyr & "' " & _
"ORDER BY DUFCLAME.SSN;"

'*** DUFCLAMETEMP is the access table that gets written by the query

'**** DUFCLAME, DUFPROV and DUFMEMBD are foxpro linked tables in the NewBenefits.mdb access database

'data control to run query
Set dbs1 = OpenDatabase(myDatabase)
Set rst1 = dbs1.OpenRecordset(SQLcur, dbOpenDynaset)
Set Data1.Recordset = rst1
rst1.Close
dbs1.Close

Thanks for any fixes in advance,
PhybrOptk@hotmail.com

I decided it wasn't worth the effort to re-do the data controls so i took another path....

I made an autoexec macro in access and then just added a
I let access run the queries and use a quit as the last command in the macro...
call shell (blah, vbMinimizedNoFocus) to the vb.exe
it was easier than trying to sort it out in the exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back