Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Converting Access 2003 DB to Access 2007 DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

NINMSA

MIS
Aug 22, 2001
US
My user opened DB from Access 2003 in Access2007 - did not receive a prompt to 'convert' DB but did receive error for a missing DLL file - "DAO 2535.tlb ver 3.5.
Any info on why no 'convert' option and also on this error.
Tnank you. Nancy

You do not get a popup asking to convert legacy databases. If you want to convert, you need to click the office button, then click on "convert". As far as the DAO.tlb it is likely not included with 2007. If it's a bother, copy it from another machine & register on the new one with regedit.

Cogito eggo sum – I think, therefore I am a waffle.

I'm glad it doesn't just pop up with a message "Do you want to convert?". Changing you database schema should not be some whimsical choice made by some user who may not know what they're doing.

Changing you database schema should not be some whimsical choice made by some user who may not know what they're doing.

I would hope that this database is split front-end/back-end and that Access was only offering to update the format of the front-end file so that it matched the version of Access on that PC.

If it were to let users update the backend to 2007 then I would be worried. There's no reason for the update to change the schema but it's not beyond belief that the Wizard might decide "Let's change this from Int to Long".

Geoff Franklin

Thanks to all of you for your replies.

This is a split front-end / back-end database.

I just called my user and they will not be in the office today.....so I'll have to wait until Monday - no one else wants to touch the DB.....

Nancy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back