Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Converting Access 2.0 to Access 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Can anyone help me with any information about converting an Access 2.0 database to Access 97?
Any material or reference sites will be much appreciated.
I am relatively new to programming.Is there much work involved.can anyone help me with any information.
Regards,
James

There are several things that you need to be aware of but they are only pertinent if you are converting modules. Other than that, what type of information are you getting as you perform the conversion?

Scott.

I do have a number of modules that need converting. At the moment i'm getting a message saying that their are a number of 16 bit dynamic link librairies in modules in this database. Then i get the message that there were compilation errors but it does save it in a compiled state.

Do you have any more info you can give me? Thanks again for your help.

Regards
James

You have to convert all 16 bit api calls to 32 bits, the Access conversion tool won't do it for you.
When API calls take a Type as an argument these type definitions have to be checked too.

For a lot of api declarations you can visit:
When all API's are done it will compile again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back