Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Converting a secured Access 97 DB to Access 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

PowerfulStar

Programmer
Jun 21, 2001
NZ
Greetings everyone,

I tried to convert a secured Access 97 database to Access 2002 and I kept getting an error message saying I do not have permissions to open/enable to database, even though I joined the group as the one for Access 97.

Any (or where I can get the) information on how to avoid this problem or to be able to open the database is gratefully appreciated.

Regards,

PowerfulStar

Forgot to add that the Access 97 database is on Windows 95 and Access 2002 is running on Windows 2000.

Regards,

PowerfulStar

There are a couple threads about this in archives, but I couldn't find them right away.

I've gotten past this problem (going from secured 97 database to Access 2000) by creating a new blank database in Access 2000. I then open that database with a shortcut I create that references the workgroup .mdw file that is used for the 97 database security. Then I import all of the objects from the 97 database into Access 2000. I didn't have a problem with security permissions when I opened the Access 2000 .mdb using the same .mdw as the 97 database was using. -- Herb

THANK YOU Herb,

I was thinking along the line of removing the password and exporting everything to a blank Access 97 database then convert it to Access 2002.

I will try your method and also will try to find the info in the archives.

Thanks once again.

Regards,

PowerfulStar

PowerfulStar -- The method of exporting objects from the Access 97 database would work, but within the Access interface you're constrained to exporting an item at a time, I think. So it's a pain in the a**. I'm sure there's a way to automate it with VBA, which would be an option if the method I explained doesn't work, you don't find the additional info in the archives, and nobody else posts help here! -- Herb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back