Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Converting a Corel Draw file to Pagemaker usable 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visari26

Technical User
Jun 2, 2000
US
How do I convert a graphic created in Corel Draw to a file I can manipulate in Pagemaker?<br><br>I need help!

Manipulate how?&nbsp;&nbsp;Because PM is a layout program, it's limited in what you can do with a graphic... usually just rotate it or, depending on the graphic format, change the color/tint.

Save your corel file as a metafile if it's just lines and stuff. If it's got more detail or color, export your file from corel using the export command. Export the file as a tiff and make sure that it's &quot;optimized&quot; (it's in one of the export screen choices) and also make sure that the image you're exporting is in &quot;1 to 1&quot; meaning the number of pixels by number of pixels... this is to make sure that it's porportional. hope that's some help...

Hi, Visari26,

The preferred foramts for PM are TIFF or EPS.
&quot;Recommended Workflow for Creating PageMaker Publications&quot;

Avoid Metafiles.
&quot;Limitations of Metafile Formats (EMF, WMF) When Printing PostScript from PageMaker&quot;

ALWAYS use PM's File -> Place to import graphics, NEVER copy'n'paste. See the above links for explanations.

Also, for efficient printing or PDF creation, do all your image editing (i.e. size, rotation, &c.) in your graphics program before importing into PM. In other words, the graphic should readt and finalised bedforing placing.

These restrictions are partly because PM is old. The oher option is move on to InDesign.

HTH

Iechyd da! John
15:04 05/04/03 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back